Saturday, September 02, 2006

My mom - personal life sharing post -

Well it is still quite rainy, so I can't walk the dog or work outside and of course all I can do is think about my mom....She touched my life in so many ways and still does. Thankfully, she visits me every night when I dream...so far....I hope I continue to dream about her,feel her and hear her laugh in my dream. My dreams are what I look forward to, because I know I get to hear her and feel her hugs in my dreams. I know my mom will be there in spirit to share my real life dreams: my upcoming wedding, our first house, our first child. She could not wait for grandkids.
I have been on the computer for a little while and came across this poem.

"Death is Nothing at All"
by Henry Scott Holland

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I and you are you,
Whatever we were to each other, that we still are.
Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used,
Put no difference in your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow,
Laugh as we always laughed,
At the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effect,
Without the trace of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant,
It is the same that it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval,
Somewhere very near,
Just around the corner...all is well.


My mom and I from last Christmas.
I am so proud of my mom for being such a fighter in life. She did amazing with what she had to deal with in her life and her family was so the only thing that mattered to her. She was an incredibly strong woman and has passed so many of her wonderful traits onto me. I know this is going to take a long time and is extremely painful; it has only been a month. She will always be in my heart...I will never forget her and I will remember her everyday. She is now my angel that I will be sharing with the rest of my family.
Thanks for reading this post about my amazing mom.

No comments: