Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What dogs do.

Well tonight, we got to take our little Tucker bear to the doggy park for the first time. He is now 3.5 months years old and i just can't believe how big he is getting. He is growing right before our eyes. I love my little babies so much that I can not even begin to describe how I feel about them. It's crazy how much I love them, so I can't imagine what it's like to love your own child.
We have a little group at the dog park that we hang out with and I had a conversation tonight with someone who truly understands the pain from losing their mom. I was lucky enough to have my mom for 27 years, she had lost her mom at 23. We were saying how great dogs are and what they do for your spirit.
I truly believe my dog Barney is my little angel. I would have not gotten through the first year without him. My friends and family have been amazing, but there really is something about a dog that can help your heart feel better. Like Cathy from the dog park said, there is no one in this world who will love you unconditionally like your mom...except for your dog. I guess if you're a dog person, you get it.

I am missing my mom like crazy these days and truthfully, I think i will miss her for the rest of my life. You always wish you could back and do more things if you knew you were going to lose the person you love. I would have taken more pictures.
One of my friends sent this beautiful poem to me tonight...so I thought I'd share it too.

If Roses grow in Heaven,
Lord please pick a bunch for me,
Place them in my Mother's arms
And tell her they're from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her,
And when she turns to smile,
Place a kiss upon her cheek
And hold her for awhile.
Because remembering her is easy,
I do it every day,
But there's an ache within my heart
That will never go away.

Well.... I don't want to end this post on a sad note...so here are the dogs at play tonight. We closed down the dog park tonight as we were getting bit from the skeeters.
my babies, Tucker is on the left, Barney on the right


Tucker has a rocker hair in this pic


Barney Bear Tucker Bear
Barney and Shalyn
Foxy "Roxy"
Bailey
Sky

Tucker is getting love from all the ladies
Shaylyn..she is the boss in the park
thanks for reading my post tonight...off to bed I go to have sweet dreams.

No comments: