Friday, September 28, 2007

Being Original...

I just wanted to say that there are so many wonderful photographers out there, especially here right in Ontario. I admire photographers that have originality and have their own style and their own ideas. Most photographers inspire each other. I have to say a couple of my favourite photographers and friends are David Gilmour of Lumacraft photography http://www.lumacraft.com/ David has been a great mentor and friend and I will always appreciate his knowledge and help. Another wonderful photographer and friend that I went to public school/high school with is Garrett Elliott, http://www.garrettelliott.com/ He is a photographer in Kingston Ontario and he is so good at what he does!! Their work inspires me! Most photographers respect each other enough, not to copy each others work -but use each other for inspiration.
I try to be original. Yes it's all been done before by photographers around the world 10 years ago, but I want to re-create what's already been done with my touch. Therefore making my photos original. Like any artist, most of us want to be known and recognized for our creative abilities

No comments: